Anna Murray was brought up in Back on the Isle of Lewis. She started playing the Highland bagpipes age ten, as well as being a gaelic singer.
After early Mod successes, television appearances and requests to perform at ceilidhs all over the islands she recorded her debut recording at the age of 20. This second album ‘Into Indigo’ follows in a similar musical vein with greater song content and introducing many new tunes played on both Highland and small pipes. Guitar and bouzouki form the backbone of the accompaniment, which also features very un-Gaelic blues harmonica and Hammond organ!
Featuring Anna Mhoireach (Small Pipes, Highland Pipes & Vocals), Iain F.MacLeod (Guitar), Steve Lawrence (Bouzouki, Cittern, Mandolin & Percussion), Sandra MacKay & Fiona MacKenzie (Backing vocals), Brian Byrne (Keyboards), Gerry O'Neil (Bass), Leo McCann (Accordion), Stuart Macartney (Harmonica)
1) Finbarr Saunders /Gaol Na H-Oige
2) Na Goisidich /Tar the House /The Ness Pipers
3) Saoil A'Mhor
4) Dolina MacKay /The Ballivanich/Brown Haired Maid
5) An Ribhinn Bhoidheach
6) Southpark House /Tarruing Teann An Crios /Kevin's Celtic Chasm
7) Mairead Nan Cuiread
8) The Hazy Day /Zeto the Bubbleman /The Last Tango in Harris
9) An Deidh's Mo Mhealladh
10) Braigh Loch/Tail /Miss Campbell of Sheerness /The Atlantic Bridge
11) A Ghaoil Saoil Am Faigh Mi Thu? /Hacking Windows
12) Crann Tara /Alasdair Oig Mhic'ic Neacail
13) Gad Ionndrainn.