What a week for Pipe Major Terry Tully and his St Laurence O'Toole Pipe Band.
Starting with Pipe Sgt. Alen Tully leading the a quartet to a win in the RT Shepherd International Quartet Competition on 10th August 2010. This was followed on 11th by
the sellout concert at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, which has been acclaimed as the finest concert that there has been since the series began 15 years ago and which was recorded for this CD.
Then came the ‘icing on the cake’ on Saturday the 14th August when the band ‘swept the
boards’ in the Grade One World Pipe Band Championship, winning the MSR and Medley sections, a feat rarely accomplished before.
A magnificent achievement and a fitting award to Terry and his band in this the centenary year.
Enjoy a feast of musicianship from the concert.
1) Molly Quinlan's / The Battering Ram / Montague's
2) Lord Alexander Kennedy / Islay Ball / Mrs MacPherson Of Inveran
3) Midnight On The Water
4) William Dodds Of Loughries Quartet
5) The Beaker / Dr Flora MacAulay, Carradale / The Hen's March / Sad The Parting / Mrs Margaret MacKenzie / Glenclune / Donald MacLean / The Yellow Tinker / The Grey Bob
6) The March Of The King Of Laois
7) Strath Brora / The Jig Of Slurs / The Judge's Dilemma
8) DS Frank Saunders / Duncan and Jan Smith
9) The Irish Sea / The Scenic Route / Going To The Well For Water
10) The Mountain Road / Eddie's Reel / The Shepherd's Daughter / Hamilton's Nutsack (Pipedown)
11) The Big Yin / Kenny Gillies of Portnalong, Skye / Jimmy Ward's / Buntata 's Sgadan / Sabhal Mor Ostaig / The Ferryman / The Blonde-Haired Maid / The Ferryman
12) La Quenouille / Kas A Barh
13) Drum Salute: Booyackey
14) Lochanside / Condon's Frolics / Drops Of Brandy
15) The Carnival Of Venice / Is The Big Man Within / Galician Dance
16) The Dust Gatherer